RESPONSIBLE TOURISM 7 TIGERS RESORT
7 Tigers Resort, is deeply committed to a Nature-friendly way of life that promotes harmony between the environment and people. Over the last few years, we have evolved into a unique new resort that is consciously investing in a sustainable future. Located in an eco-sensitive zone, the resort's facilities and practices are designed to encourage guests' participation in our green initiatives.
- Rooms of large windows in order to reduce use of lights.
- Solar water heaters for Hot water.
- All rooms have separate bins for wet and dry waste.
- In-house waste water treatment. Grease trap installed in kitchen to allow only grey water to pass. The grey water from showers and basins are filtered and reused for irrigation.
- Raw sewage from water closets to be decomposed with enzymes and used as manure for garden.
EMPOWERING THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
- The people of the local villages, especially the children, are the future stakeholders of forest conservation. We involves them in the efforts for sustainable development through participation in wildlife safaris, awareness creation in schools etc.
- The resort also collaborates with the forest department's anti poaching initiatives by contributing a large chunk of the income generated from wildlife safaris.
- Villagers are made aware of the benefits of renewable energy and organic farming.
GUEST AND STAFF PARTICIPATION
- Guests at the resort are willing and active participants in 7 Tigers Resort Responsible Tourism initiatives by using the resources wisely.
- Documentaries and literature at the resort inform guests about the significance of the Biosphere.
- Guests are exhorted to respect and love nature, as well as give back to the community through ESD (Education to Sustainable Development).
- Staff are well trained in making the initiatives work effectively.